Getting US Visas

In order to come to the U.S. in the near future, you will likely need a visa, unless you are a citizen of a “Visa Waiver” country, where no visa is required to visit the U.S. for 90 days or less. There are tourist visas (B-1/B-2) which can be obtained directly at a U.S. Consulate in your home country that allow visits for up to 6 months at a time. There are also work visas for professionals, investors, international business executives, religious workers, artists and entertainers, and more.

Depending on your individual circumstance, we can suggest any number of visa options that might fit your needs. There are very few options for “work visas” and the most popular are the following:

  1. If you have a Bachelor Degree or might have a combination of education and experience to equal such a degree, and have a job sponsor for a position that would normally require someone with the type of degree you have, then an H-1B visa, E-3 visa or TN visa might be best for you. Check those options and see which fits best.
  2. If you have a company in your home country and a subsidiary or branch operating or opening in the U.S., and you have been either a manager or executive or someone with special skills in that company for at least one of the last three years, then an L-1 visa might work for you. Click here.
  3. If you want to invest money in the U.S. to start a business, E-2 is the visa you will need. However there are restrictions so check first here.
  4. If you want to start an Import-Export company, doing at least 50% of your trade with your home country, an E-1 visa is appropriate. Check for details.
  5. If you are a religious teacher, professional or clergy, and have a non-profit religious organization willing to hire you, the R-1 visa category is right for you. Click here for more details.
  6. If you have unique skills in the arts, sciences or business, then the O-1 visa might be right for you. Check here for more details.
Neil J. Sheff Visas, Green Cards, Citizenship. Immigration Attorney
+310 446 3844 OR +310 496 1644